A second-generation company of the Heinzel family
The history of paper production in Laakirchen goes back to the middle of the 19th century. At that time Franz Schuppler bought the old "Danzermühle" at the river Traun and founded the "Traunthaler Holzstofffabrik". After Schuppler's death in 1884, his sons Alfred and August took over the company. August left the company after a few years. In 1921, Karl Schleck, Alfred's son-in-law, joined the company and took over the management of the business in 1944 after Alfred Schuppler died. In 1963 Wilfried Heinzel, uncle of Alfred Heinzel, the current owner of the Heinzel Group, took over the management. In 1988, Wilfried Heinzel sold the paper mill to the SCA Group. In 2013, Alfred Heinzel bought the company back and led the company from now on in the second generation.
Franz August Schuppler founded the "Traunthaler Holzstofffabrik" at the river Traun
The first paper machine was implemented.
Alfred Schuppler, son of Franz August Schuppler, took over the company after his death.
Edith und Karl Schleck led the company after the death of Alfred Schuppler.
The PM3 with a working width ov 3.87 m for the production of wood-based printing papers was implemented
Wilfried Heinzel took the step from paper trader to industrialist and bought the Laakirchen paper mill
A tissue machine was implemented
Fire in the hygiene processing plant
The new PM10 with a working width of 7.4 m went into operation .
A wastewater treatment plant was implemented.
Wilfried Heinzel sold the Laakirchen paper mill to Swedish SCA.
The DIP plant for the recycling of wastepaper was implemented.
Start of production at new PM11 and shut-down of PM3
Alfred Heinzel, nephew of Wilfried Heinzel, bought the paper mill back from SCA
Fire at PM10
Conversion of PM10 to containerboard production