- INFORM AND PACK IN AN ECO-FRIENDLY WAY
At Laakirchen paper mill we produce publication paper (SC paper) on PM11 for magazines, newspaper supplements, catalogues and advertising material. On PM10 we produce containerboard as basis for strong packaging solutions.
Supercalendered paper, uncoated paper for advertising material, newspaper supplements, magazines and catalogues.
Containerboard on basis of recycled paper for eco-friendly and strong packaging.
Valuable raw material: paper for recycling
About 750,000 tons of waste paper are processed on site using a special technology each year.
- Save valuable renewable raw materials such as wood
- Lower energy consumption and use of chemicals by using secondary fibers (waste paper)
- When wastewater is cleaned, high-quality biogas is created for heat generation. This reduces gas consumption and CO2 emissions.
In harmony with nature
- We guarantee the excellent water quality of the river "Traun" by our extensive wastewater treatment. Additionally, we secure an ecological habitat for fish and small animals.
- Clean energy generated by a new hydropower plant
- Highly efficient cogeneration plant and biogas boiler for energy supply on site
- Thermal treatment of product residues in a co-owned plant